I don't buy fuel at Exxon or Mobile, just like I would never buy
anything with a Mitsubishi brand on it, but I'm not sure it matters a whole lot
as far a fuel goes. I used to live for quite a few years in a fairly remote
location on the North Shore of Lake Superior. Then nearest town was Grand
Marais, and that was 110 miles from Duluth. Next closest city the other
direction (and there was only one highway in and out) was Thunder Bay, Ontario.

        Anyway, the bulk fuel truck used to come up from Duluth, and it went to
each gas station in turn, filling them all up with the same gas. I'm not at all
sure how often that sort of thing is the norm, but I lived there over 14 years
and that's the way it always was there. Nobody there bought gas because they
thought one brand was better (and it was always the same price), they bought it
because they either liked the owner or disliked the other owners.

--
Harmon Seaver, MLIS
CyberShamanix