site about the city wasting all the methane, I got this from
a civil engineer. Interesting that there was just a front
page article in the local paper about the county making a
*lot* of money from the methane at the landfill.

> Subject: Some interesting comments about your web page...
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 09:54:13 -0400

I like your spirit.  I am working on a couple of web pages
of similar
nature.  Freedom of the Press is a great thing.

Now back to your page....
As for the methane from landfills and sewer plants, well, I
used to think
along the lines you did as far it is being a waste to just
ignite is and
burn it off.  The problem is that the source tends to be an
unreliable one
as well as the methane itself being of such a low BTU that
it is not worth
the effort to capture it, clean it, store it, and pump it
for viable use.
It is truly a shame too....the crap I was taught in college,
with respect to
 5

--
Harmon Seaver, MLIS