>I have a niggling feeling that 10 years from now, the environmentalists will
>be fighting the ethanol industry tooth and nail. anything can be done badly,
>and I expect the ADM's of the world will be successful in turning a clean
>renewable resource into a dirty unsustainable one......
>

>Steve Spence

Definitely a major worry. ADM, Cargill et al are already winning that
future war, seems to me, with the likes of Club Sierra apparently
preferring MTBE to ethanol, mainly through opposition to the ADMs,
from what I can make out, and a misplaced concern about nitrate
run-off from industrialised maize production, along with which party
the corn-state senators belong to. They've completely confused
ethanol and agribusiness. How can you win if you've got it all wrong
in the first place?

Keith Addison
Journey to Forever
Handmade Projects
Tokyo
http://journeytoforever.org/

>Subscribe to the Renewable Energy Newsletter:
>http://www.webconx.com/subscribe.htm
>
>Renewable Energy Pages - http://www.webconx.com
>Palm Pilot Pages - http://www.webconx.com/palm
>X10 Home Automation - http://www.webconx.com/x10
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>(212) 894-3704 x3154 - voicemail/fax
>We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors,
>we borrow it from our children.
>--

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!