"John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Holden is the name of the engine manufacturer, a sister to the GM empire in
> USA.

Thanks for the correction.

> Seeing Daewoo was bailed out of trouble by GM, not surprising that the
> Holden engine ended up in its chassis..

I haven't really done that much homework on the history of it, but I
think the Holden engines predate the bailout.  I haven't really kept up
with it lately.  I remeber there was talk of GM buying Daewoo because
Daewoo's financial troubles made them look for a buyer, but I don't
recall seeing anything about it until this year.  They were using Holden
engines when they came over here in '97, because they said their own
engines were insufficient for the US market, and they were planning on
developing their own engines, including a V-6 for later models.

Certainly if it comes to the choice of sell to GM or go out of business
then I hope GM will buy them.  It would be a shame for them to go out of
business.

--
Aviation is more than a hobby.  It is more than a job.  It is more than
a career.  Aviation is a way of life.

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/vO1FAB/txzCAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM