>stujo wrote:
>
> > 100 + emails are so very bothersome. That is why I use the "digest"
> > feature. This sends me one email a day with all the posts
> > convienently encapsulated. I can cruise right past the political /
> > propaganda and get to the real meat of the group. Perhaps this
> > feature isn't promoted enough. I believe you can set this through the
> > yahoo groups page.
>
>    Personally, I find all this bickering about the high number of messages
>sheer nonsense!  Last week, I went on a trip with my eldest son to Alberta
>and didn't turn my computer on for five full days.  When I returned, I found
>only 118 messages on the server, and it took me about 30 minutes to read them
>all.
>
>    I find a considerable amount of good information presented here.  The
>people who keep sending "unsubscribe" messages to this forum either do not
>know how to read, or cannot follow directions!
>
>robert luis rabello

Thankyou!!

:-)

Might be worth noting too that nary a one of the "please unsubscribe
me" brigade has ever contributed anything. And it nearly always comes
with a whinge. Amazing when they whinge about "too many posts" and
then go and send their unsub message to 700+ list members.

By the way, Stujo, a lot of people don't like digests, you lose all
the subject headings for one thing, and more difficult to auto-reply.
Only one in seven members uses the daily digest format. Probably
makes sense if you're a hotmailer or something, with only a web
interface, otherwise it's better to use your email program's mailbox
filters, IMHO.

Re preaching to the choir, I don't see much preaching, arguing yes,
and we had the choir taken out and shot, it was only fair. There's a
jukebox though (get another round while you're up, will you).

Keith Addison
Journey to Forever
Handmade Projects
Tokyo