"DynaCam ( a company in California) has
recently certified their unusual engine. Gasoline version. I remember
many years
ago when they were developing it there was talk of a two-stroke and a
diesel
version, apparently nothing came of that."

The Dynacam engine has had a type certificate since the 1930's! It was
then known as the Herrmann engine, after its inventor. I love barrel
engines, but this one is no more likely to achieve success in the market
than any other, especially now. I hate it that this new company is
claiming a recent certification, which would imply compliance with much
more stringent requirements now in effect, instead of sneaking in under
"grandfather" rules.

Marc de Piolenc