Here's a German company that sells a heating oil burner that uses cooking
oil in a heating oil burner to heat the home.

http://www.it-ag.de/Englisch/index1.html

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Keith Addison [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Friday, August 17, 2001 2:31 PM
  To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
  Subject: Re: [biofuel] Diesel engines and used motor oil

  >Steve:
  >
  >What do you think about using this burner setup to burn waste
  >vegetable oil? Used automobile oil does not burn as clean. I saw a
  >german company selling a cooking oil burner to replace home heating
  >oil, but this example would be good to start off!
  >
  >Give me a call, so I can see your VW Diesel Genset in operation!
  >
  >Greg

  There's another one here:

  MOTHER's Waste Oil Heater
  http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_library/ethanol_motherearth/me4.html

  Also Skip Goebel just posted this to the Bioenergy list at CREST, see
below.

  Keith Addison
  Journey to Forever
  Handmade Projects
  Tokyo
  http://journeytoforever.org/

  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 20:12:24 EDT
  Subject: BIO DIESEL/WASTE OIL MIX TEST
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

     Just finished testing biodiesel/waste oil mix.
  using a standard gun burner, with electric ignition, 2.5gph, 90 deg.f.
  outside temp.
  in mixtures up to 1/3 waste oil, there is clean burn and 100% ignition.
over
  1/3 up to 1/2 gives clean burn with no emmisions but ignition occurs only
  when fuel is over 70deg.f.  higher mixture is possible, but not practical
in
  small units, and unreliable in interuppted firing on cold days.  also,
  emmisions start to show up.
  oil was used peanut oil, transestered and water washed.  no gelling until
30
  deg.f.  cost of finished product is 23 cents/gal.  i believe that a 50%
mix
  used on cold days...say 40 deg.f., would be possible if bio diesel is made
  from oils with omega 3 acids in order to facilitate flow and more oxygen
in
  fuel.
  conclusion....while it is easy to burn fuels in burners over 5gph, this
shows
  it is possible to utilize a standard unmodified  gun burner of 2.5 gph.
the
  standard size used for personal and small commercial applications.
  in addition, CO emmissions are almost 90% less than straight waste or #6
  oiland this could be applied in a 50/50 mix on large burners.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor