Please respond to biofuel@yahoogroups.com

To:   biofuel@yahoogroups.com
cc:    (bcc: Joseph Martelle/US/GM/GMC)
Subject:  Re: [biofuel] 85 suburban

>John,
 >If you can
>upgrade the glowplugs to the newer variety that don't break off in your
>engine then you got a good deal and they will run good for a long time.

I broke off a few glow plugs in changing them as well. The stems would swell
from repeated heating and wold stick in the hole. I just started the engine, and
the broken end flew right out of the hole!

> Either my controller is shot or the 3 huge batteries I use to start it
>are just a bit too much for something. I currently only have plugs in the
>glowplug holes.. I haven't had time to make any diesel for it recently. And
>just as well, since the mornings are getting colder I have to crank it over
>like a gas engine to get it to start.. (G)..

>--Bryan

Don't you use a block heater? I just replaced the stock 600 watt heater in mine
with a new 1000 watter. Hasn't really gotten cold enough to plug it in yet, but
here in Michigan it soon will be. By the way John, I didn't notice the '85 in
your header until after I posted my first message. The early 6.2s had a tendency
to break the main webbings in the block (they were undercut too much for
clearances). That was cured in 87 or 88. Joe