Martin R. asks:

>How do most of you , that recover there methanol or ethanol do it ???
>If you use a vacuum pump, where do you get one  ,  and how do you set it up
>how much can be recovered  from the glycerine ,or can one recover the Methanol
>from the entire BD batch , after the BD has been formed ???

I make 22 liter batches using a mixture of about 25% methanol and 75% ethanol.
All the methanol gets consumed, and some of the ethanol. Since I do a glycerine
wash with added water (15% of oil), one batch gives a glycerine layer
containing
about 2.2 liters of glycerine, 3.3 liters of water, and 4  liters ethanol.
I only bother to distill the glycerine layer -- no vacuum, just a fractionating
column with reflux. The ethanol comes over with water, of course, about 90%
cuz my still is not real efficient. I get about 2.5 liters of the
excess ethanol back,
which is worth about $3.30 counting my freight costs. My methanol is only
$3.00 a gallon, and I probly wouldn't bother recovering it, but it would work
even better, since it would come over anhydrous.

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Gi0tnD/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM