> Perhaps, I grazed one about 2 weeks ago, I was going down the road,
when a 6
> pointer lunged up out of a ditch next to the road. It was dark and
the ditch
> is about 8' deep, and less then 3' from the edge of the road, by
the time
> the deer was high enough that the lights from the car could shine
on it, it
> was about 4 ' from the road and about 15' in front of the car, as
soon as it
> got about 5' into the road, it stoped.  I was moving about 55 and
squeezed
> between it and the ditch smacking it in the ass with the drivers
mirror.
> Their was no way I would have seen the deer sooner because untill
it got to
> the top of the ditch, it was down out of sight.
>
> Greg H.

Both my wife and my Father in law had their passenger side doors
smashed in by deer this fall. My wife's car was $1700 damage and
Father in laws is $3200. His also bent the roof and the rear door,
and the post between them. He was nearly at a stop to let a deer
cross in front of him. He never saw the one that hit him. And no,
these are not unusual occurances. Avoidable? Maybe by staying home
and locking your car in a garage!

Motie
It does save money on groceries.

Break free. Great