>LT the biodiesel I am currently producing and all of my trial batches have
>been well washed and have tested pH 5.5 to 6.0.
>Perhaps the reference to 7.5 is in regard to the pH of the wash water.
>Yes the first wash waters will end up a milky colour. Washing should be
>repeated until the wash water is clear and has a pH of 7. This usually
>takes two or three equal volume washes. The milkyness is from contaminants
>and emulsification of a small ammount of the BD. pH meters are not at
>their best trying to measure either oil or water, better to use Universal
>Indicator solution.
>
>Paul Gobert.
>
>www.ozimages.com.au/profile.asp?MemberID=517

Hi Paul

Young master LT, ./., elite, or whatever, is no longer with us, he
just unsubbed. Irked, no doubt, that his queries got ignored.
Oblivious, no doubt, to the fact that he'd ignored responses from
Dana, Ed, Mike, and Bryan to his previous rudenesses ("Truth hurts!"
etc, LOL). Ah well. It's a pity, he's trying, and he came to the
right place. I wasn't the only one who referred him to the archive, I
hope he's managed to figure that you don't have to be a member to use
it.

Best

Keith Addison
Journey to Forever