You could buy a shop heater designed to burn on waste motor oil.

Not sure about whether you could run a diesel engine on it, but an excellent
question. (Sadly, I think the answer is no, or I would've heard about folks
driving on it otherwise.)

Craig

J Mitchell wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have been reading about bio diesel on the web over the past few months and
> have joined this group to learn more.
>
> I am in business as a mechanic who is thinking of making and using Bio-Diesel
> for my work and own domestic vehicles.
>
> I have a particular question that is bugging me. I have checked the archives,
> searched for information and scratched my head about it.. As a mechanic, my
> chemistry knowledge is next to zero.. so forgive me if I am missing a point
> or the answer has been posted before. so here goes my question/questions....
>
> As a mechanic, I accumulate gallons of waste engine oil from servicing
> customers cars. At the moment I pay a company to take this oil away to be
> recycled... can the bio-diesel process be used to convert this into diesel?
> or another process? or can anyone think of good uses for it rather than
> paying to have it removed?
>
> many thanks
> Jon

> Please do NOT send "unsubscribe" messages to the list address.
> To unsubscribe, send an email to:

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!
Click Here - Only 1 Day Left!