What is the point of being wealthy if you can't choose the music?

The energy tycoons have stated the future is fuel cells.
Any competing technology will be outlawed if it can't be done another way.
Most of the green extremists get grants from foundations representing the
ruling class and their corporations so they will generate "reports" and
"studies" that will be transmitted via the paper and electronic
communication media owned by the ruling class etc etc etc.

Energy is a fat hog and they mean to keep control of it. No growing fuel
in your back yard. The illusion of alternatives will be allowed--at a high
price. You can generate hydrogen with photovoltaics instead of buying it
from the 7 sisters. Any technology that is not economically competitive
will be allowed. Biodiesel cogeneration is the state of the art in terms
of initial capitalization and energy efficiency to the end user.
Why is it still neglected? A university modifies a burner to combust
chicken fat and it is front page news. I'll grant you it is a step in
the right direction but as an effort from an engineering department
it isn't impressive. Cogeneration would be a meaningful demonstration
from a university. If they aren't cutting edge then they indulge in fraud
billing themselves as an institution of "higher learning." Any time a
fuel is burned in a box instead of an engine we have wasted resources.
Certainly sometimes it is justifiable because of the application but
when we do it in large stationary heating plants such as that school
--and especially when students should be given first hand cogeneration
experience--it makes me wince.

My 2 cents.
Kirk