Hi chris,

at the begining i had the same question, since the measuring tools
for weights of that sensitivity are very expensive, so if you want to
make small batches you need very high sensitivity scales.

and if we want to make a 0'1% solution to make the titration we need
to measure 1gr on each liter.

finally i bought a kitchen scale with 1gr of precision, when
measuring lye on making biodiesel, i make at least 5ltrs and i round
the quantity i need to the next integer value, is better to have a
little more lye rather than having less tahat the quantity needed.

to make te 0'1% naoh solution i make first a 10% solution, 1gr on 99
ml then i get 1ml from that solution and i mix it with 99 ml of water

so i don't think we need expesive things to make homemade biodiesel

cheers

Manolo Rol‡n
Valencia, Spain
http://www27.blinkster.com/manolorolan

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I'm looking to purchase a digital scale for weighing out the lye
> in biodiesel production. My question is, how sensitive a scale is
> needed? Would a scale with 1 gram readability be fine, or do I
> need a readability of .1 gram?
>
> Your answer would be most appreciated!
>
> Chris Amar

Monitoring Service trial