>Would someone help me out on this.  This says that a bushel of corn will
>  yield 1.5 pounds of corn oil on the top part and .5 pounds a little
>farther down.  At 56 pounds a bushel, that's 2.6 percent oil for the
>higher number and .89 percent oil for the lower number.  At the very
>bottom it says that soybeans were not included because they contain less
>than 20 percent oil and that is not practical to extract.
>
>Am I doing something wrong here?
>
>George

You're mixing up three different sources, Ethanol Science &
Technology, Purdue, and VITA. The VITA paper that excludes soy
doesn't say anything about corn.

Keith Addison
Journey to Forever
Handmade Projects
Osaka, Japan
http://journeytoforever.org/

> >   "Each bushel of corn [56 pounds] can produce up to 2.5 gallons of
> > ethanol fuel"
> >   "1.5 lbs. of corn oil"
> > Module 2 - Ethanol Science & Technology  c1998
> >   WHAT'S IN A BUSHEL OF CORN?
> > http://www.nwicc.cc.ia.us/module2.htm
> >
> > Corn oil
> >   "About a half pound of oil is obtained from a bushel of corn."
> > http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/Crops/Corn_oil.html
> >

> > (*) Soybeans are  not included in the list because their oil content of
> > only 20 percent makes it impractical
> > to extract oil from them by mechanical pressing.  Soybean oil is
> > recovered by solvent extraction.

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ACHqaB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM