--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "kirk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I find on very windy days my 20 foot long pipe is marginal unless
the fire
> is hot.
> I need that much lift to offset the partial pressure made by the
wind.
> I haven't made any effort to capture the heat moving out the stack.
> Those thermoelectric semiconductors they are touting look
interesting.
> They never seem to make it to market though.
>
> Kirk
 It sounds like you have a chimney and/or building problem. On the
next windy day, try opening a window or door slightly on the upwind
side of thee building.
I'm speculating that the windward side of your building is fairly
airtight compared to the downwind side, and the wind is causing a
negative pressure from the downwind side, creating a pressure
differential the chimney is trying to correct. Either seal up
airleaks on the downwind side, or provide an inlet on the upwind side.
Hope this helps,
Motie

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ACHqaB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM