You might get some softening of old natural rubber lines on SVO with long
term exposure, but I don't think nearly to the extent as with biodiesel.
Biodiesel is the more powerful solvent and contains converted
methanol/ethanol and perhaps free alcohol as well - more of a problem than
SVO.

Perhaps you should be just as worried about effects of low sulphur/ultra low
sulphur diesel fuel, without use of lubricity additive (such as our "G3"
additive),  as we are about use of biodiesel/SVO...note that this refers to
problems with Buna-N...

http://www.americansweeper.com/v3n1/v3n1lowsulph.html

--

> From: craig reece <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 13:11:01 -0800
> To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: Re: [biofuel] confused......
>
> Jon,
>
> It's my understanding that natural rubber fuel hoses and injector pump o-rings
> are both negativly affected by biodiesel, and
> perhaps also by WVO/SVO - and that what you want are sythetics - the leading
> candidates are Viton, Buna-N and neoprene.
>
> Craig
>
> J Mitchell wrote:
>
>> I also read that some types of o-ring material are susceptible, and some are
>> not.. is this true and what type are a problem?
>>
>> Is there a list on the net of vehicles which have these susceptible o-rings?
>> biodiesel.
>>
>>> I have been looking into making my own biodiesel for a while..... and am a
>>> little confused.
>>>
>>> Is it waste vegetable oil or biodiesel that can cause problems with o-rings
>>> in
>>> your fuel system???
>>>
>>> Jon

>> Biofuel at Journey to Forever:
>> http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel.html
>> Please do NOT send "unsubscribe" messages to the list address.
>> To unsubscribe, send an email to:
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Please do NOT send "unsubscribe" messages to the list address.
> To unsubscribe, send an email to:

Buy Stock for $4.
No Minimums.
FREE Money 2002.