  From: motie_d
  To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2002 7:06 PM
  Subject: Coppice Willow & Hardwoods Part Dieu was Re: [biofuel] Re:
Cornburning Stoves

  --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Appal Energy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  > The crop is easily harvestable, easily chipped and easily conducted
  as a feedstock for process heat boilers, structural heat and even
  electrical generation.

  Have you got any info on harvesting techniques, or the equipment
  needed? I would like to gasify it, but harvesting is an economic
  downfall.

  > Perhaps a comparison to switchgrass or other similar biomass crops
  is in order. But it is difficult to imagine them being as beneficial
  to soils as a deciduous crop would.

  I have an experimental plot of Reed Canary Grass growing now. It was
  established last year and seems to have taken well. I'll have yield
  results next fall.

  Motie

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Buy Stock for $4.