--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I was at a meeting last night where one delegate claimed that small
> particulates 2.5 m or smaller pass through glass.
> ie. If you live by a main road, closing your windows does not keep
> the stuff out of your house.
> I find that hard to believe.
> Any opinions?
> James

Opinions are like ......Everyone has one! And whoever made the
statement was simply expressing his opinion, NOT facts. Many people
do that when they don't have actual facts to support their argument,
and are forced to 'invent' a few to help them along.

2.5 micron-sized particle will NOT go through glass. Many vacuum
cleaner bags have a 2.5 micron filter in them to reduce dust
recirculation in your house. Air will pass through, while dust
particles will not! If the person mentioned above has 2.5 micron
particles coming through his glass, maybe he should put a vacuum
cleaner bag over it, to filter it finer? If he has that much airflow
through his glass windows he has bigger problems than air quality.

Just my opinion,
Motie

Buy Stock for $4.
No Minimums.