--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Ken Provost <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Motie's exposition brought a wistful grin to my face, yea verily,
> almost a tear to my eye. Alas, that was then, and now it's today.
>
> Once you have the executive, legislative, and judicial branches
> all lined up behind a certain course of action, the Constitution
> may as well not be there -- compliance is voluntary, cuz there's
> nobody but us chickens left to say no.... You really have no voice
> outside of the legislative branch, and they've been very loose with
> the Constitution for many decades.

 That coincides with a nearly heated discussion I had just a couple
of days before our local caucus meeting. I was talking with the
District chairman of the Republican Party, and he asked if I would be
at the caucus meeting.
I guess he took it as a flippant remark, when I asked which branch of
the Incumbent Party he represented, the Democrat Branch or the
Republican Branch.
I heard and saw very little at the meeting to change my viewpoint.
Their main concern is to get members of their party elected, whether
it's good or bad. The People and the Laws are irrelevant. The issues
don't really matter, except as a way to pry a couple of votes from
the opposition. As long as party politics is the main focus, We the
People are irrelevant.
 There really are no principals involved, concerning the environment,
alternative energy, renewable domestic energy to reduce dependence on
foreign oil in the interest of National Security, etc.
 There may be some principals stated, but there is no commitment
behind the words.
 TALK IS CHEAP! And to quote an old saying,"When all is said and
done, there's been a lot more said than done!"

Motie