>would they prefer low sulfur diesel? hey, anything to keep sucking on the
>teat of the middle east, eh?
>
>US dinodiesel is dirty and harmful. 2 methods of cleaning it up is cleaner
>diesel, a fossil fuel, or biodiesel, a renewable fuel. I'll choose
>Biodiesel.
>
>Steve Spence

Hi Steve

Probably going to be both ... eventually. ULSD's mooted for 2006, 16
years behind Europe. Meanwhile, yes, dirty and harmful. This is from
"Lubricity benefits of biodiesel"
http://www.biodiesel.org/pdf_files/Lubricity.PDF

"According to Mr. Paul Henderson, Quality Management Systems Manager
for Stanadyne Automotive Corp. (the leading independent US
manufacturer of diesel fuel injection equipment) in comments provided
to the Chairman of the Kansas House Environment Committee March 8,
2000: "There have been numerous examples from the field where lack of
lubricity in the fuel has caused premature equipment breakdowns and
in some cases, catastrophic failures. This problem will be more
dramatic as EPA moves to further reduce the sulfur levels in
petrodiesel fuel."

"... A 1998 review paper on fuel lubricity worldwide showed that
diesel fuel in the US and Canada is some of the poorest lubricity
fuel found in the entire world (see Figure 1 attached). Of the 27
countries surveyed, only Canada, Switzerland, Poland and Taiwan had
poorer lubricity fuel than the US. With a mean fuel lubricity of just
under the recommended specification of an HFRR wear scar diameter of
460 microns, fully 50% of the US fuel was found to be above that
recommended by equipment manufacturers."

And that's just the harm to the vehicles.

Best

Keith

>Subscribe to the Renewable Energy Newsletter:
>http://www.webconx.com/subscribe.htm
>
>Renewable Energy Pages - http://www.webconx.dns2go.com/
>Human powered devices, equipment, and transport -
>http://www.webconx.dns2go.com/2000/humanpower.htm
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Buy Stock for $4.
No Minimums.