You must have been responding to a thread I haven't followed.  I have
not been into speculating as to which important safety feature to
throw out the window and in fact an area I think about quite a bit is
the critical importance of minding safety issues in vehicle design as
much as anything else, nor do I think hybridization mandates any
sacrificing of safety.

It is interesting how carbon fiber designs, if properly implemented,
tend to be lighter yet strong enough to provide for good safety.  The
L3 interview alluded to the fact that it has not found its way into
vehicle mass production, but has been mass-produced by sporting goods
manufacturers.  Funny because that made me think of tennis rackets
(exotic in the Late 70's, but commonplace for awhile now) but then I
talked with a guy who specializes in high-end bicycles and he says
they're all either Titanium or Carbon Fiber.  So, cool.  That's quite
a bit more material there.  Now, if we can get it into a car that's
not just a thing for show....

MM

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Appal Energy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> There was and is no lecture.
>
> The historical record is that today's hybrids started with the
HyperCar design, first postulated in the early '80s.

> Further, rather than hypothesizing whether seat belts, air bags,
door locks or collapsing steering columns should be the first safety
features to go when trying to improve chassis weight, a good look
should be taken at exactly how the body of HyperCar's engineless
model is constructed.

> Composites largely eliminate not only the weight problem, but all
the frivolous talk of lesser safety due to weight reductions.
Structurally, HyperCar is safer than today's absorption and break
away technologies. Oddly enough, it weighs considerably less - a feat
that Detroit and odd congress persons keep declaring as impossible.

> Personally, I could almost care less what engine went under the
hood, as does HyperCar, as long as it falls in line with the total
concept of best feasible technology available, which would probably
prove to be a diesel hybrid.

> Todd Swearingen

Otherwise, it's simply a waste of time and other's energies.
>   >
>   >Detroit is not prepared to do what is necessary to improve
vehicle efficiency nor safety.
>   >
>   >HyperCar does both.
>   >http://www.hypercar.com/pages/how21.html
>   >
>   >What you will find, if you look into HyperCar far enough, is
that today's hybrid designs were essentially generated by the
ideologues at HyperCar - ideas that were presented to industry nearly
17 years ago and are only beginning to make it to market.
>   >
>   >Rather than hypothesizing and needlessly stirring up sentiments
and emotions with all manners of elaborate conjecture, it would
probably serve everyone's interests best if all took a HyperCar tour
before constructing anymore strawmen - especially when blind rhetoric
is exactly what Detroit and petroleum interests hope to perpetuate.
>   >
>   >Todd Swearingen
>   >Appal Energy

>         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>

>   Biofuel at Journey to Forever:
>   http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel.html
>   Please do NOT send "unsubscribe" messages to the list address.
>   To unsubscribe, send an email to:
>   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Service.

Buy Stock for $4.