Hello Manickh

>This is a good idea to pursue globally too. The Palm Oil Research
>Institute of Malaysia (PORIM) began experiments on biodiesel many
>years ago. It is quite probable that they might take up your idea of
>setting up cooperatives there. They also have many refineries to
>bring up crude palm oil to any SVO/biodiesel mix ratios which might
>be appropriate as auto fuels. I think we can also harness
>cellulloses, starches and sugar-cane into ethanol/ester derivatives
>as perfect substitutes for leaded or 'green' petrols that contain
>deadly carcinogens like benzene. Let me illustrate:- All 10 friends
>who worked with benzene at my workplace are dead of cancer. Exactly
>like the asbestos story. The director of the establishment downplayed
>the causes...and also became famous from the discoveries made
>therefrom.. the doctors would not certify that the deaths were
>benzene related..God,when will all this madness end.

A very sad story, I'm sorry. A much too common story too. Yes, when
will it all end? It has to be soon.

Are you in Malaysia? It's very interesting what you say about PORIM.
Do you think they would be interested in such local initiatives? Too
often such institutes are just the servants of industry, not
interested in anything at community-level.

I'd very much like to know more about the biodiesel scene in
Malaysia. To start with, is there one? I know the technology and the
expertise are there, but beyond that, does anything happen? Is it
possible to buy biodiesel at the pump there? And do you know of any
individuals making their own biodiesel?

Not just Malaysia, I think the whole of SE Asia is interesting, and
has great potential. The list has quite a number of members from
there, but we here little about the local situation.

Best wishes

Keith Addison

>--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Jonathan Pennington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Speaking of small producers and coops, can a couple people who have
> > successfully started biodiesel coops please contact me by email or
> > phone (843.881.0734). I'm moving to Oregon sometime next year, but
> > would like to start a coop here in Charleston, SC until I leave, and
> > leave it behind when I go. I'm building a trailer to haul my small
> > biodiesel processor to schools, and have dozens of college and high
> > school educators wanting me to bring it by and give presentations
> > (even a couple middle schools). I figure I have enough interest to
> > have a small coop here, which I think would be a nice thing to leave
> > behind when I go- assuming I don't have to pay the Big Oil Bastards
> > $50,000 or so to do something positive.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -J
> > --
> > Jonathan Pennington |       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> >     "It's hard to take life too seriously
> >         when you realize yours is a joke." -original

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/orkH0C/n97DAA/Ey.GAA/FGYolB/TM