Andy, what sort of power output do you get per liter or gallon of fuel
with your setup? Do you mind if I ask how you are using it? I really
fell in love the utterpower website . . . the idea of generators that
can be for the most part maintained indefinitely by the user in the
field is very appealing indeed.

Christopher Witmer
Tokyo

Andy wrote:

>          I built a Generator set using a Chinese built German engineered
> single cyl. diesel.  It uses an indirect combustion system for efficiency
> and the ability to run on a wide range of fuels including used lube oils and
> transmission fluids.  I have been running this engine on 50% used engine oil
> and high sulphur diesel for over a thousand hours now and it burns it as
> cleanly as it does straight diesel.  The reason it burns cleanly is that the
> air is compressed into a small chamber in the head through an opening that
> is 1/4 inch by 1/2 inch.  The walls of this chamber are very hot because the
> water jacket doesn't touch it.  This hole that the air is pushed through
> enters at an angle so the air is swirled in violently.  The injector fires
> the fuel into this turbulent air and starts the combustion process.  We all
> know that lube oils are not atomized well enough from an injector to get
> complete combustion and clean burning.  This is where the very hot chamber
> walls and turbulent air take over.  The larger droplets of fuel are slung
> out onto the hot walls by centrifugal force created by the swirling air and
> vaporized with heat,  the smaller droplets are atomized by the turbulence of
> the air and heat.  Then this whole mixture is forced out of the indirect
> chamber into the cylinder at the same angle to create another violent swirl
> as it is pushing th piston down and therefore burning the fuel efficiently.
> I think the biggest problems that we face with burning used engine oil is
> the carbon it contains and how it will effect wear rates on injectors and
> pumps.  Where I got the idea for my Genset was from www.utterpower.com  Here
> you can see a Yanan head direct coupled to a Changfa diesel just like I
> have,  and many other types of alternative power................Andy

Free $5 Love Reading
Risk Free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/NsdPZD/PfREAA/Ey.GAA/FGYolB/TM