I'm kinda of an EV nutcase ... so I can tell you
probable why .....

In most cases, the "no tranny/drivetrain/axle" needs
to be engineered FROM SCRATCH at the Automobile
Factory.  At a large expense.  Can be done, but very
expensive.  Lots of retooling.

The replace-the-ICE method of EV'ing appears more
often ... simply because it is cheaper.  The Car
(minus the ICE) is already in mass-production.

Curtis

--- Steve Spence <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
every electric car I've driven has a transmission,
drive train, axles, and mechanical steering and
braking linkages. the only difference is the ICE was
replaced with a 9" or so electric motor.

=====
Get your free newsletter at
http://www.ezinfocenter.com/3122155/NL

http://health.yahoo.com

Access Your PC from Anywhere - Free Trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/o5uw2C/0ncEAA/Ey.GAA/FGYolB/TM