This is indeed true; however, sometimes if we systematically boycott all
the companies whose policies we don't agree with, we can end up hurting
ourselves most. We have to decide, okay, is this the hill that I want to
die on? Sometimes it is and sometimes it's just not worth the price that
we have to pay for boycotting.

Curtis Sakima wrote:

> I do agree with one thing ... that whether we like it
> or not ... we DO vote with our dollars
>
> Someone once made a comment to me, "When you buy (the
> singer) Madonna's records & CD's, you are, in effect,
> "supporting" the morals and values she portrays.  You
> "vote" your opinions with your dollars.
>
> Another comment, "When you buy stuff made in China",
> you SUPPORT the Chinese govt attitude toward child &
> "slave", $1.00 /hour (or less) labor. Once again,
> whether we'd like to admit it or not ... we VOTE with
> our dollars.
>
> I think a fuel manufacturer's position is the same.
> Whoever he supplies fuel to ... is who he
> (politically/ideologically) SUPPORTS.  It is
> unfortunate ...but true.
>
> Sometimes, I think we don't understand just how
> powerful a voting power we have.  I'm STILL learning
> that lesson myself.
>
> Curtis

Access your PC just like Web Mail
http://us.click.yahoo.com/r5uw2C/zncEAA/Ey.GAA/FGYolB/TM