----- Original Message -----
From: "Kim & Garth Travis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <biofuel@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2002 07:49
Subject: Re: [biofuel] Which is better for the environment?

> Besides, my husband and I don't create enough manure to revitalize 20
> acres, we need the help of our animals.

Actualy you still may be in good condition to better the soil, on your farm.
From you buchering opperation, the skin, hair, feathers and guts are high in
Nitrogen, the bones can be ground up and will provide a little Nitrogen,
plenty of Calicum as well as some Potassium, and Phospherous.  If you burn
the bone, ( need a hot fire ) it will decrease the amount of N, but, it will
make it easier to grind, and if you use hard wood to burn it and use the
ashes, you will add more Potassium, as well as some other macro, and, some
micro nutrents.  Wood ashes has a limeing effect on soil ( but, you need
more to obtain the same amount ), but, adds the extra nutrents as well.

Check out Kura Clover, at this web site ( I think you will like what you
see ), it is about useing Kura Clover as a living mulch:

http://agron.scijournals.org/cgi/mjgca?sendit=Get+All+Checked+Abstract%28s%2
9&SEARCHID=1029430130370_860&TITLEABSTRACT=Kura+clover%2CLiving+Mulch+&JOURN
ALCODE=&FIRSTINDEX=0&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=&gca=agrojnl%3B92%2F4%2F698

Greg H.

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/RN.GAA/FGYolB/TM