Hello Christopher,

I have a second hand italian Fiat Uno DS, 1989's, it comes with a 1.3 L, 4
cylinder, diesel engine with 5 speed gear. The engine, clucht or the drive
system has nothing unusuall in their construction, but no Air Cond. Small 5
door for 5 slender adults, very much like the WV Rabbit, same shape.

It has a low fuel consuption, 4.5 L diesel for 100 Km or 52 MPG on road at
55 MPH. Its acceleration is like a loaded pick up. On bad dusty road the
consuption is twice as much.

A new one at that time had a price tag of US $ 14000 in Paraguay, too
expensive for the size. The same model, brazilian made, with a gasoline
engine costed US $ 9000.

In the 80's Fiat do Brazil used to built their Fiat 127 Diesel with the
same 1.3 L engine. It almost had the same consuption.

I know one rare japanese Daihatsu Charade, a 3 cylinder 1.2 L engine.

The new WV Lupo claimed low consuptions as well.