I don't know quite what to make of this. I remember chemist Arthur
Robinson, for whose work in certain areas I have a great deal of
respect, was making a big deal about the benefits of increased CO2 for
plant growth.

http://www.oism.org/oism/s32p686.htm

But his conclusions in this area have come under a lot of fire --
perhaps in part because of the highly charged political milieu
surrounding the whole issue. (Robinson leans pretty far toward the
right-hand side of the ideological spectrum.) I remember one of
Robinson's critics saying increased CO2 benefits the growth of weeds,
not of useful plants (something that sounds bizarre on the face of it).

http://www.prwatch.org/improp/oism.html

I would be interested to know what the real scoop is on this topic. The
noise level of the ax-grinding on all sides complicates matters
considerably.

Christopher Witmer

kirk wrote:

>  I think the question arose a while back how much increased CO2 affects
> plants
>
> Kirk
>
>  http://www.co2science.org/co2tables/description.htm

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now