Michael writes:

>does anyone know of a good source of reasonably
>priced ethanol for making biodiesel? It doesn't need
>to be completely anhydrous (95% would be okay,
>I can use dessicants to remove the rest of the water),
>but it can NOT be denatured with gasoline. It would be
>okay to be denatured with methanol, but of course I'd
>prefer it if it were possible to get ethanol that hasn't
>been denatured at all.

In the US, that would always be taxed as beverage alcohol
(I believe -- maybe there are some exceptions) and would
be prohibitively expensive. Even denaturing only lowers the
price by the tax -- still $5-$7 a gallon even in multi-drum
quantities.  It's the fuel-grade folks who really make huge
quantities cheap (< $2 a gal) , and they all use gasoline as
denaturant. What's your objection to that?

By the way, only fuel-grade is typically grain-based, unless
you especially buy (and pay extra for) so-called "grain neutral
spirits". And this stuff is rarely denatured, so you pay the tax
as well. Most solvent stuff (paint stores, Home Depot, laboratory
supply places, etc.) is made from ethylene (from petroleum)
and is probly worse (environmentally) than methanol.

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/MVfIAA/FGYolB/TM