I found a web site that discusses an aerobic/anaerobic
biodigester. They claim that what is left after the methane
is removed is so clean that the effluent can be used as a
complete hydroponics solution or as a conventional organic
fertilizer. http://www.hydor.eng.br/Pag21-1.html

--- Keith Addison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Read interesting article in Permaculture Magazine no.30
> about Jean Pain and
> >his work with shredded woodland thinnings.
> >
> >A search on the net turned up this
>
>http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/permaculture/2002-March/000294.html
> which
> >summerizes(follow the threads for more) .
> >
> > Sorry if this has been discussed before but I either
> wasn't paying
> >attention or wasn't about.
> >
> >     Interesting.... he produced methane from the woodland
> wastes
> >and used the
> >compressed gas for vehicles, machinery and generator.
> Used the heat of the
> >compost process for his house and greenhouses.
> >     The system brings woodlands into economic use while
> >maintaining them in a
> >good condition.  Provided employment and useful compost.

Yahoo! News - Today's headlines
http://news.yahoo.com

Sell a Home for Top $
http://us.click.yahoo.com/RrPZMC/jTmEAA/MVfIAA/FGYolB/TM