>The oil has not somehow mysteriously migrated from beneath Iraqi
>and neighboring soils over the past decade. And while the threat
>to "American lifestyle" and "American jobs" is not and has not
>been rolling at a full boil as it was in January of 1991, oddly
>enough an intentionally heightened paranoia and panic is.

>To think that elected and appointed politicians do not calculate
>the role of oil, its disruption and the consequences thereof when
>calculating the plausability and acceptability of a second war in
>the Gulf Region is not only folly, but lunacy.

Oh, I think that I can agree with that.

Over the last week we have had the scandal of the President's accusation about
some in the Senate not sufficiently being concerned with the security of the
American people.  Yet, I've not heard anyone ask of the President why he thinks
the present war, or the more specific proposed-one is warranted if we are not
doing everything possible, on every front, to wage this war, or to strengthen
our hand for proposed ones, or to prevent proposed ones by strengthening our
hand via every means possible.  And if we are to claim that we are doing
everything possible to address the entirety of our weaknesses and problems in
the Middle East then this has to include doing *everything* possible to end our
dependencies on Middle Eastern Oil.

I don't care what approach a member of the President's team takes to this
question, they have not done nearly enough to do everything possible to end our
Middle Eastern Oil Dependencies.  I don't care what they think of Electric Cars,
they are a *partial* way, however modest, to get the ball rolling on one front.
They should be *tried* (harder) in the name of doing *everything* possible to
end Middle Eastern Oil Dependencies.  I don't care *what* they think of other
alternative fuel efforts, they have *not* done nearly enough to get the country
weaned from Middle Eastern Oil.

This is just one front among many in this "war", but it is a silent and
relatively neglected one.  Some people just find it so much easier to speak of
bombs and killing and drilling, exclusively, but can't find it in themselves to
do *everything* possible to fight the war, even if it rubs them the wrong way.
If the Bush Administration is willing only to do some things, the ones they find
easy and ready at hand, and is willing to do comparatively *nothing* to wean us
from Saudi Oil, then I think they should be criticized, *roundly*, for this
failure.

I happen to thing that if a country, any country, is home to a dictator who has
shown a means and an inclination to kill millions of Americans, then I don't
particularly care about the rest, he must be stopped.  Immediately.

But does George Bush?  In addition to mounting Military campaigns, or proposing
them, what has he done to stop us from buying oil from the folks who are doing
so much to finance the war against us?

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/MVfIAA/FGYolB/TM