Sorry for the cross-posting. Can anyone explain how Elsbett's one-tank
system gets around the injector coking (and possible ring land coking)
problems that will, most claim, surely occur without the dinodiesel or
biodiesel flushing at shutdown that can (obviously) only happen with a
two-tank system?

What I understand of the Elsbett system is that they have you take your
injectors to a diesel injection shop and get the pressure cranked up by
5 bars or so, plus have the shop install the injector sleeves Elbettt
provides - both of which change the spray pattern and atomization.

They also provide you with industrial-stength glowplugs that are hotter
and possibly stay on longer (they supply an "accumulator + contact" (?)
that you install in series with the stock glowplug relay) and they say
that this glowplug modification heats the pre-injection chamber (and
they're obviously talking about indirect-injection engines here) to
allow initial startup on vegetable oil.

They provide a coolant-heated fuel heater of some kind, and an
electrically-heated fuel filter, and provide a shut-off valve to allow
the use of a separate backup filter (perhaps the stock one) in case of
primary filter clogging - I assume what they're saying is you can return
the vehicle to it's stock tank to filter to liftpump to injection pump
configuration - a good thing for sure.

It all sounds fine (except for the extreme cold weather problems
inherent in a system without any form of in-tank heating - and they
recommend a 20% dinodiesel / 80% SVO blend in winter) except for the
not-flushing aspect, in my opinion. But - they have a good reputation -
what little we hear about them in the US is good anyway - and I'd love
to think a single-tank system could work. (They do specify new SVO, but
I'd be willing to try some good WVO that was water free and well
prefiltered)

Anyone have any experience and/or opinion on the lack of a 2nd tank
issue?

Thanks in advance,
Craig Reece

Plan to Sell a Home?