US Approves Dumping StarLink Corn Overseas
US Government Says It's OK to Dump StarLink Corn on Our Overseas Customers

USA: US Corn Exporters Relieved At Starlink Export Okay.
Author: Reuters
By Randy Fabi

"We were handicapped because we could only go to domestic feed lots,"
Cunningham told Reuters in a telephone interview. But with the government
clarification, ADM and other grain exporters can now market to the
international
feed market.

"We can start doing business again," Cunningham said.

However, other industry experts said many more questions remain - including
whether foreign buyers will maintain import volumes of U.S. corn.

"We are not out of the woods yet," said Eric Erickson, vice president
for the U.S. Grains Council.

U.S. government officials were scrambling to ease rising concerns from
Japan and the European Union, who fear the StarLink corn could find its
way into their food supply.

Japan's Agriculture Ministry said on Friday it had asked visiting U.S.
officials not to export corn containing StarLink. Japanese
supermarkets and stores have already pulled products containing it from
shelves.

Japan is the world's largest corn importer and buys about 16 million
tonnes per year, including four million tonnes for food and the rest for
feed.

ADM executives said its corn shipments would be travelling to South
America, Europe, Mexico and Latin America, but not to
Japan.

"I think we are going to have to wait a little bit on Japan,"
Cunningham said. "That is a front burner issue over there and I don't
think they are going to reverse their feel overnight."

Home Selling? Try Us!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/QrPZMC/iTmEAA/MVfIAA/FGYolB/TM