Hi Ken

>per World Energy snippet:
>

> >We just had a small producer in another state in a similar situation.
> >They own a number of diesel vehicles and have been using it for about
> >a year. They were just hit with a bill for $0.31/gallon State excise tax
> >plus penalties and interest for every gallon they have produced.
> >In addition, since the fuel was used in on-road vehicles, the Federal
> >Government can (and most likely will) fine up to $10.00/gallon for
> >every gallon used.
>

>So kind of (one of) the world's biggest biodiesel producers (I think....)
>to warn all us little fokes. Yup, y'all be good little tax slaves and cough
>it up to Uncle Sam (your State and local gummints probly want a hunk
>too -- better ask 'em). Even better, get out of the hobby completely,
>and leave to the likes of World Energy and Archer-Daniels-Midland to
>make all the biodiesel -- they're the only ones who  know how to make
>the stuff so it doesn't rot yer engine anyway.....   -K

Maybe we should all pay an extra voluntary tax to the big guys, just
sort of out of gratitude?

You'll be pleased and relieved to know that they also warn ordinary
folks against us, which is only right after all.

Why Standards are Important
http://www.biodiesel.org/resources/reportsdatabase/reports/gen/gen-322.pdf
(Werner Korbitz's article slamming homebrewers)

Perils of Home Brew
http://www.biodiesel.org/resources/reportsdatabase/reports/gen/gen-321.pdf

Regards

Home Selling? Try Us!