research
http://www.kelseyville.com/biodsl/
http://www.dancingrabbit.org/biodiesel/drbdiesel.html

Batch 1
1 litre SVO, 200ml methanol, app 3.5g sodium hydroxide
method - food blender blended 1 hr
results - high yield of presumably bio-diesel
conclusion - need new blender

Batch 2
10 Litres SVO, 2 litres methanol, app 35g sodium hydroxide
method - custom made 'reactor' (drill and paint stirrer) 1 hr
results - high yield but more soap ?
conclusion - sodium methoxide mixed properly ? oil temperature ?

batch 3
10 litres wvo, 1.5 litres methanol, app 49g sodium methoxide
method - (2 base method)(The two-stage adaptation of Mike Pellyâs biodiesel
recipe By Aleks Kac)
results - strange thick gloop is this FAME ? stage 1 ? or has it gone badly
wrong ? if it is fame how do I separate it ?
conclusion - biodiesel isn't fun

batch 4
2 litres wvo, 0.4 litres methanol, app 13g sodium methoxide
method - large pan on ring, continual stirring - more care in mixing the
sodium methoxide, better temperature control
results - different stringy gloop setting on cooling
with the exothermic reaction the mix hardly needed heating only dropping a
few degrees in an hour - strands could be seen forming on inspection -
strangely I have no desire to put any of these in my car
methanol - I'm paying about £1.50 litre roughly $2.30 a litre. I am in the
UK and have been unable to source lab supplies locally or at all for that
matter as the companies I've approached won't deal on a small scale, hence
the adoption of the 2 stage method (no titration)
many thanks for any help

Plan to Sell a Home?
http://us.click.yahoo.com/J2SnNA/y.lEAA/MVfIAA/FGYolB/TM