On Tue, 15 Oct 2002 18:53:33 -0000, you wrote:

>An example of what we're up against. Constantly regurgitated garbage
>in a seemingly closed-loop system.
>The closest thing I've seen to an Over-Unity device!

The Heritage Foundation is ostensibly (I gather) in favor of some sort
of free market competitive capitalistic structure for the US Political
Economy.

It's a pity the author seems to have zero vision to project as to what
such a market would be like for the fuel industry.  The entire essay
is spent railing against the excise tax (I guess somewhat effectively)
without pointing out the broader oligopolistic problems with the
industry as a whooe.

It's also a pity he wants to bend the facts to suit his thesis.  I do
not contend he's incorrect in all respects, but he loses credibility
where he strives to ensure that nothing he says can be taken as
balanced or somewhat countering his thesis.  This is a frequent
problem in almost all that I read.  No one wants to be guilty of a
balanced viewpoint or taking into consideration inconvenient points
that might draw the real answers just slightly toward some middle
ground or off-center ground.

Sell a Home with Ease!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/SrPZMC/kTmEAA/jd3IAA/FGYolB/TM