I finally got around to trying out my extracted FFA (aka "acidulated
soapstock") as an herbicide. I've got a couple raised beds, one with
mustard about to harvest and the other growing a cover crop of win-
ter rye and fava beans, to be safflower in the Spring. The dandelions
and crabgrass are encroaching seriously around the edges. I mixed up
about a gallon of 50/50 FFA/water, with a couple drops of Ivory
Liquid to make an emulsion, and poured it around the edges of both
beds.

Sure enough, within 24 hours the dandelions were all slimy black
and kind of "dissolving" where the FFA touched them. The crabgrass
was also wilted, but seemed a bit more resistant than the broadleaf
weeds. I probably could have used less FFA  in the mix if I was just
going after dandelions, and of course one of those pressure cans
with the hose and sprayer would apply it a lot more efficiently--
But it works!  -K

Home Selling? Try Us!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/QrPZMC/iTmEAA/jd3IAA/FGYolB/TM