> >If you're a Windoze user with Outhouse Express and Internet Exploder
> >and all that wondrous stuff, make sure your anti-virus gear is
> >updated and in place. Or GET A MAC!!

> and of course a firewall (and-or hardware firewall-router?) and
> antivirus software, used *intelligently*.  Just my ignorant opinion.
>
> And, by the way, Macs are vulnerable to attack too.  It just seems to
> be a conception, among macsters, that they are not vulnerable to
> attack.  I imagine there's some truth to the idea that they are
> somewhat less vulnerable.
>
> >Keith

Have another look at Linux: It will run on most hardware, is definitely not
Virus prone (I have not had a V checker for 3 years!) - but there will come a
time when virii will go the Linux way, but as I log on the web as a 'user'
with no administrative priveleges, a virus will only affect 'user' files -
not system (unless they use obscure vulnerabilities - but the fixes appear
for Linux very fast, so as yet it has never happened to any Linux users I
know)
        I run an old computer as a firewall running IPCop (a dedicated Linux
firewall that even a Windows user could load on a computer & get running)
look here for details:
<http://www.ipcop.org/cgi-bin/twiki/view/IPCop/WebHome>

The firewall runs on a P166 with 24M mem, & 240M HDD. It will even run on
cable!

Regards Doug
(I run Mandrake 9.0 - an easy to configure O/S good for workstations. (Debian
is better for Servers - but please no arguments! This is personal opinion)