Kris said:

> Ater doing a little reading, I must adjust my statement
> slightly but, Harmon you are way off base here.

    Hardly. It's pretty clear you have no personal knowledge of this
stuff and have been reading the wrong stuff.

> In this country both hemp and marijuana come from the
> cannabis sativa plant.

    Nope, wrong again -- well, partially right, but most of the
marijuana grown in north america these days is a hybred of cannabis
sativa and cannabis indica. And a lot of it is pure indica. Forty years
ago it was all sativa, and that is the species native to this
hemisphere, but the problem was that the marijuana seeds (sativa) were
all from Mexico and further south, and wouldn't mature here, would not
flower. The hemp plant, OTOH, does mature, flower and go to seed, in the
northern US and even Canada and Alaska.

  And while hemp is taken from the
> female stem as well as the male, the male's fibers are much
> stronger, so are more highly valued. I can't find the link
> but, I read that high quality Manila rope comes exclusively
> from male plants.

    You may be right, but that's irrelevant.

> Like Keith said, there is 0.3% THC in hemp fiber and the
> drug czar claimed on TV the other day that today's
> marijuana has up to 30%.

    Well, I think he's full of BS, as usual, more like a max of 13% with
most being around 5-6%.

> How high do you think you'll get
> on something that is 90 times weaker that what people are
> smoking. You can't sell male plant for any price, only an
> idiot would smoke something that will only give you a
> headache instead of a high.

     Now here's where you are getting seriously silly, and I'm having a
seriously hard time even following your logic. Where do you get the idea
you "can't sell male plant for any price"? Back in the '60's when
everybody was planting the seeds they got from the Mexican pot, the
Panama Red, the Columbian Gold, etc. that they bought, nobody had ever
heard of sinsemilla, and, more importantly, since in the northern US
those plants never flowered anyway, so almost all the "homegrown"
anybody ever had was just leaf, not bud -- and nobody whatsoever ever
discriminated between male and female plants. People smoked and sold
male plants the same as the female.
     Kris, I've smoked a whole lot of male plants -- there is no
significant difference, there is probably more difference between top
leaves and bottom leaves than between male and female.
     Furthermore, at one point we were living on a farm in WI, and back
at the edge of a neighbor's pig pasture we discovered this absolutely
huge patch of 12-15 foot tall *female* cannabis plants -- and, they were
even in flower and had the huge buds like you see in the pictures now in
High Times. So, of course, thinking we were in hippy heaven, we dried
some of the bud and smoked it -- and smoked it, and smoked it. Nada,
zilch. You'd have died from carbon monoxide before you got a buzz off
that stuff. That's hemp. It used to grow wild all over WI and most other
states before these morons in gov't and their scumbag pig goons got
going and their sicko "War on Some Drugs" revved up.
    Hey, don't just take my word for it, check out
http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_info16.shtml

   Or, as I suggested before, crank up your usenet newsreader and post
your theory to alt.drugs.pot.cultivation and see what kind of response
you'll get. Although, as I said previously too, most of those sinsemilla
growers claim they throw *all* the leaves away and only smoke the bud,
but the truthful ones will tell you they all smoke the male plants they
weed out and there ain't nothin a bit wrong with it.
    Hemp is hemp and pot is pot and male/female has absolutely nothing
to do with it.

--
Harmon Seaver
CyberShamanix