Here is an update from me on power:

Rented a VW Gol for two weeks in Brazil, seems to correspond
to an old version of VW Golf or a VW Polo from the interior. Drove
1,000 miles in cities and on rural roads. 4 adults and luggage.
On the countryside no problems with speeds between 75 to
95 mph (maybe I broke some speed limits). This between areas
of potholes, were I had to brake hard. No real disadvantage
in acceleration that I could notice, but on the other hand I would
compensate that with the gearbox without thinking. I do not
read the data sheet before I drive a car, I only drive it.

Was quite slow compared with the Porche 928, BMW 750
MB 500 and AUDI V8, that I had some years ago when I could
have expensive company cars.  I did not really notice any
difference in the 24% ethanol mix and would probably noticed
it less in the previous mentioned cars.

Hakan