Hmm I was not aware of any specific cars where
you get extra money <other than if its hybrid, EV etc>

Unfortunately, I did not see any reference to this 'list'
The only reason i can see being that some large SUVs
being sold would help specific companies maintain business.

Heh,, perhaps there would have been some nice polititcal contributions made
from some of the companies that supply parts for these specific vehicles.
Perhaps if  this is the case, it would be modified that the SUVs had to have
fuel effiecient model <relative to the standard> and that if you got this
one..
then you would still get a credit.  The parts suppliers would still be in
business..
everythings good.

However, it would not necessarily be good to see someone give up their 25
mpg
Honda CRV for a 20 MPG Expedition.  <don't know the cars on your 'list'>

Do you have a link to these bills?  I would like to check it out.

I apologize if I spoke about a subject that was not being discussed.

RE:

Message: 16