I'm attaching some info about the upcoming big anti-war rally in SF this
weekend. Someone organized an alternative fuel vehicle 'rally' and convoy
for the event to draw attention to the oil/war connection- I think it's two
or three hours of the alt-fuel gathering, and then we join the main march.
Below is the rather bland sounding announcement for the alt-fuel rally, but
it's coming together and looking pretty exciting as an event in it's own
right and as a statement. SO far there are over 60 alt-fuel, electric,
biodiesel, and hybrid vehicles registered (you have to RSVP to get a spot
at the initial rally part of it).
There's a lot of biodiesel/straight vegetable oil people coming- members of
our biodiesel co-op are making a presence (with 'ain't NO BLOOD FOR
vegetable OIL, the 'ain't and the 'vegetable' added in as a correction- as
one of our banners), and I am getting an 12Volt, on-board biodiesel
processor together so that we can make a batch at the event, along with
handing out info...
Mark

Environmentalists Against the War
Jan. 18, Grace Cathedral, San Francisco
Environmental Anti-War Kick-off: 11:00 a.m. - Noon
Let's Roll! March and Eco-Auto Convoy: Noon - 1:00 p.m.
Please visit www.workingassets.com/nowar for more information
and to volunteer.

Dear Friend of Working Assets,
Environmentalists of all stripes who oppose Bush's plans for
preemptive invasion of Iraq are encouraged to bring their bicycles,
hybrids,
electric cars, friends, children, parents and neighbors to a
rollicking,
rolling gathering for opposing the war.
It all starts at an anti-war kick-off rally with folks from local
and
national environmental organizations making the connection between
oil
dependency and Bush's dangerous rush to war. Sponsors include
Working
Assets, Sierra Club, Physicians for Social Responsibility, Ruckus
Society,
Global Exchange, Bluewater Network, Walk SF, SF Bicycle Coalition,
Greenpeace, Project Underground, Rainforest Action Network, and
Earth Island
Institute.
Join us on the steps of Grace Cathedral at 11:00 a.m. on Jan.
18 for a
pre-march gathering featuring signs, banners, letter writing
tables, t-shirt
giveaways, music, alternative vehicle fair, a game of pin the
gas can on the
SUV, and even a blessing of the hybrids and electric vehicles.
(To reserve
your sign now, visit www.workingassets.com/nowar)
At noon, environmentalists marching on foot, riding bikes and
driving
eco vehicles will form the first-ever, anti-war green machine
convoy. This
rolling environmental celebration will then proceed to the anti-war
rally
which begins in San Francisco Civic Center at 1:00 p.m.
As you may know, at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday Jan. 18, a massive
anti-war
demonstration will be held at San Francisco Civic Center. This
may be your
last chance to participate in a large scale protest before the
Bush
administration launches a preemptive strike against Iraq. Please
join us and
other like-minded environmentalists for the Jan. 18 kickoff at
11:00 a.m. at
San Francisco's Grace Cathedral. Then march and ride with the
eco-anti-war
convoy to Civic Center, and stand up against the war.
Find more details, including an opportunity to volunteer at the
event
and reserve an environmental, anti-war sign at www.workingassets.com/nowar

Sincerely,
Michael Kieschnick