From: Crabb, David [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 11:28 AM
To: 'biofuel@yahoogroups.com'
Subject: RE: [biofuel] 1% diesel

I think it is because it is extra stinky here, and no one likes to get that
stink on their hands..
because you carry that for a while.  People are lazy and dont want to put
the gloves on.. heh

Also, you cant go to every station and get diesel.. so that limits the
ability to go driving about late at night.

for those that live near interstates.. it could be a reasonable option.
Also the sootiness is a turnoff for many people.   I guess it is ok to just
pour puke that you cant see in a gas car.. but a little soot on hard
acceleration is bad in a more fuel efficient car..  go figure.

The fact that you can only get a VW jetta etc.. for the common man.. means
that servicing is more difficult. not that many VW dealers.. etc.  You could
get the Mercedes.. but then.. thats more money than most
poeple can spend.

You *could* get a pickup if you had to have a local model.. but then you are
now getting 18mpg.  and you sound like the local trash truck.

It would be nice if one of the domestics could get a deal with VW and get
the diesel option for a motor in a car.   I would think that DiamlerChrysler
would now have the expertise to transplant one of their diesels locally.  a
50mpg Dodge Neon would be a nice selling point.