In the future, Solar or wind to generate electricity at home. Either to
produce Hydrogen or Compressed air.
They run not only the cars but your home appliances/lighting and everything
else!
President Clinton called that decentralized energy policy, no need to depend
on big oil or energy companies!
Right now, we can not live without the oil and energy companies.  All energy
production is highly centralized in those
big companies, they get to swing the policy!  Edison did that in California,
and everybody can see how that happened.  You pay up or I cut you off power
supply!

Energy shortage?  Friend in Arizona tried to set up a facility to use solar
panels to generate power and sell for money.  The best price he could find
to sell those electricity is 1 cents per watt.   And in Southern California,
we are paying 11 cents for business and 13 cents for residential.   From
Edison's self deceiving commercials on TV, they are still claiming they are
serving
Californian!  Other states even offered help to sell electricity from their
power supply to California, none taken!
Being screwed by your own power company!  And still have to keep their
services after they had done all these!
Spineless human!

If Bush's energy department has the same like-minded focus as this
discussion group.  At least there will have several
projects that can work on.  To find out the best energy solution, Biddiesel,
Hydrogen etc..  But you can see it's not happening and that probably not
what the big energy companies want the president to do.

Al Gore mentioned that instead of using the momentum gathered after- the 911
attack to urge
American to conserve energy or use other alternative energy. They decided to
use that momentum to support more military deployment in the Middle East!