On Wednesday, February 5, 2003, at 11:19  AM, girl mark wrote:

> the ethanol bulk buy is Ken Provost's project (listmember here as well
> as
> at the Burnveggies list...). It's an interesting one but be aware that
> ethanol is not super useful for complete beginners- ethanol is much
> harder
> to work predictably with than methanol.

> the ethanol supplier that Ken Provost wanted to bulk-buy from is in
> your
> L.A. neck of the woods , though- they are a sort of recycler- they make
> fuel ethanol out of old distressed juice and out of date medicine and
> other
> industrial waste. Yeah!
>
> Ken (Ken Provost that is), do you wanna elaborate on that and give the
> name of the company (I've erased it)?

Arrggghh! I think everyone else must've also -- I guess I'll just have
to go
down there by myself  (but I'll only be able to bring back one or two
drums,
and I WON'T SHARE!   :-)

Anyway, it's Parallel Products in Rancho Cucamonga -- great folks, but
I've started worrying about that one gallon of gasoline in every 50 gal.
of ethanol (that's their denaturant -- it's called "fuel-grade"
ethanol, and
it's what everyone else uses too for that grade). Especially if I sewer
or
compost my glycerine before recovering alcohol -- I know a goodly
portion of the gasoline stays with the ethanol...... -K