>First and foremost, in my view, the author made more than one suggestion, not
>just one suggestion, for addressing the oil dependency problem.
>
>He did not buy into the view that there is one 'ANSWER' and that all debate
>should end about anything and everything except for his pet 'ANSWER'.  This, I
>think, was unusual and good.

Further commenting on this point..., the Bush plan to push for the H2 world
economy, while interesting, amounts somewhat to this
putting-too-many-eggs-in-one basket idea.

I'm not sure that people who believe in the mechanisms of the free market would
presume to know which technology should win out, over other worthy contenders.
I thought that a principle of the marketplace was that it can help you
understand.... it can give you feedback on the many
difficult-to-understand-up-front aspects of various competing technologies and
supplies.  By focusing on one single idea, the Bush Administration may be
advocating an idea that is worth pursuing but may also be casting aside
wortwhile principles we're told they advocated.

I sure would like to see increased competition in the fuel and auto propulsion
industries.  I'm not clear how that results from a gung-ho semi-funding of
focused H2 research.  Well, that's my thought for now, subject to revision.