Kris,

Thank you for the link, I wrote the following to them,

"I have for a long time promoted the thought of using
the absorption method (solar driven) in smaller cooling
units for homes and offices. It exists on container ships
and therefore it could easily be applied for other purposes,

If you want, I am prepared to post an article from you
about your technique on,
http://energysavingnow.com/  "

It could be very good products coming out of this.

Hakan

small comment below,

At 08:38 AM 2/25/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>It seems like most houses are well enough insulated that
>they only need cooling when the sun is shining brightly
>but, refrigeration of food and even greenhouses could
>benefit greatly from using waste heat to power this system
>during periods of low direct sunlight.

Well insulated with windows could need very large cooling
capacity. Well insulated offices also, because of the internal
loads. etc. etc.

But the capacity of this cooling system is largest when it
is most needed and goes down with the need for it. The
Sun is in most cases the reason for the need. Therefore it
is very smart to use the Sun for the energy needed for
cooling. It is free and effective, if not, it would be difficult
to beat the efficiency of the compressor.