"Domenick V. Amato" wrote:

> Why don't you move your discussions to a group for which it is appropriate?
> You are certainly entitled to what ever political opinions you have and you
> are entitled to speak whatever you like.  This, however, is NOT the place
> for it.  It is SPAM relative to the topics for which this group is
> organized.  To the extent that you continue with this political
> self-indulgence, you damage the purpose of this group.
>
> Dom Amato

    Political discussion is VITAL to the future of biofuels.  This evening is
the first time since I've been a member of this group that I've read a post from
you, so perhaps you're new.  Many of us have been contributing for a long time
(years, even!), and the discussion often yields fruitful information for thought
or future experimentation.

    A certain member, when lamenting the relative uselessness of lightweight
modern American trucks for snow plowing, (clearly an "off topic post!) mentioned
that he runs up to 50% diesel in his small block Chevy powered truck.  I've
often thought that using a Babington atomizer would be an excellent way to get a
spark ignition engine to burn vegetable oil--at least one running at a constant
speed for power generation.  In fact, I've spent a lot of time thinking about
modifying the Babington apparatus as a fuel reforming device.  (But I just
bought a supercharger for my pathetic, four cylinder Ford Ranger and my
longsuffering wife isn't happy with me right now. . . )

    The post I mentioned above had nothing to do with biofuels, but the ideas
that wove their threads through my mind after reading the message certainly
did.  I read through well over 100 messages a day, many of them cross posted
from wastewatts, the EV list, micro cogeneration and others.  Much of that
discussion is utterly meaningless to me, but once in awhile I come across
something valuable.  (So, either read fast, as I do, or filter your messages to
limit the content.  There is no harm in self imposed censorship!)

    Trying to limit discussion puts you in the position of being final arbiter
of what ideas are acceptable to exchange in this forum.  I neither know, nor
trust you (yet, anyway!), and from what I've read thus far, I don't think you
fully understand the spirit of this particular forum.

    After all, why shouldn't I be able to talk about the linkage between poor
political leadership, the absolute lack of a decent energy policy and the
Fundamentalist, Dispensationalist antichristian ideology that supports military
action to INCREASE the misery of people who have no ability to defend themselves
against us?  (I heard an excellent feature this morning on NPR about this very
thing!  See the link at:

        http://discover.npr.org/rundowns/rundown.jhtml?prgId=3&prgDate=current

            The news story was entitled: "Evangelicals for War"--an oxymoron if
there ever SHOULD be one!

    My interest in reducing energy use and using unconventional fuels
necessarily limits the audience with whom I can discuss these issues.
Personally, I would like to hear what like minded people are thinking--even if
they disagree with me, as many in this forum do.

    Dissent is NOT unAmerican!

robert luis rabello
"The Edge of Justice"
Adventure for Your Mind
http://www.1stbooks.com/bookview/9782

New Yahoo! Mail Plus. More flexibility. More control. More power.
Get POP access, more storage, more filters, and more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Hcb0iA/P.iFAA/46VHAA/FGYolB/TM