Domenick V. Amato wrote:

>Thank you for your clarification and your comments.  I will limit myself to
>discussion about biofuels - although it has been very tempting to jump in
>(on?) statements which appear to be very disagreeable.
>
>Dom Amato

You're more than welcome to discuss anything you wish. To say it yet
again - these are mature people here and probably more
individualistic than most, they don't need a nanny telling them what
they're allowed to discuss and what not. Robert's point that
"off-topic" discussions often lead somewhere worthwhile is definitely
true, it happens again and again. In nearly all cases members are
quite capable of moderating themselves, they know when they're being
truly off-topic and seldom stray too far.

["Moderator" mode off.]

An archives search might have stopped you making this post - not a
lame answer, SUVs do kill, and small cars are not inherently more
dangerous. Weren't you saying something about "sweeping
generalizations"? If you now want to dub what I've just said as just
such sweeping generalizations, don't forget that I've referred you to
supporting material in the archives, but you've offered no support
for any of the statements you've made other than your opinion.

In fact you re-started an old thread here that had already been
responded to (and dealt with a few times previous to that), but you
missed the responses. Some time spent at the archives might have
stopped you doing that too.

Keith Addison